17th March 2015
Darius McDermott, Managing Director
Many of us are prone to leaving things until the last minute and ISA investors are no exception. Believe it or not, around 40% of ISA investments are not made until March each year. It has also been known for some investors to leave it until just minutes before the midnight deadline on 5th April to make their choices online!
If you are one of these people and are struggling for ideas, FundCalibre's Darius McDermott has five ideas for you:
1) If you want some help choosing an investment fund from the thousands available to you, use our 'Find a fund' search to narrow down your choices.
2) If you want to know where other people are putting their ISA money this year, click here to see which funds are most popular amongst the clients of our sister company, Chelsea Financial Services. You can always call one of their friendly customer service team on 020 7384 7300 who will be glad to help.
3) If you are struggling to decide which asset class to go in to, or you are worried about markets right now, you could opt for a Multi-Asset fund or an Absolute Return fund, which will diversify your investment and reduce volatility.
4) If you really can't decide, and don't want to make a rash or hurried choice, you can always put your money into a cash ISA and switch to an investment fund at a later date.
5) If you have cash or investments, there is really no reason NOT to have them in an ISA wrapper, so even if you don't have any extra money to hand right now, make sure you put as many existing savings into an ISA wrapper as you can.
Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter.
Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. You may not get back the amount originally invested, and tax rules can change over time. Darius’ views are his own and do not constitute financial advice.