Many of us are prone to leaving things until the last minute and ISA investors are no exception. Believe it or not, around 40% of ISA investments are not made until March each year.
It has also been known for some investors to leave it until just minutes before the midnight deadline on 5th April to make their choices online!
Learn more: Your guide to ISAs
Stuck for ideas?
FundCalibre’s Clive Hale has five tips for you:
- Use our find a fund search to help you choose an investment fund from the thousands of options available in the UK. All our funds are Elite Rated by our research team.
- Read our ideas and insights for some inspiration.
- If you are worried about investing in a single asset class, consider an Elite Rated multi-asset or an Elite Rated absolute return fund. These can help diversify your investments and reduce volatility.
- If you really can’t decide, and don’t want to make a rash or hurried choice, you can always put your money into a cash ISA and switch to an investment fund at a later date.
- If you have cash or investments, there is really no reason NOT to have them in an ISA wrapper, so even if you don’t have any extra money to hand right now, make sure you put as many existing savings into an ISA wrapper as you can.