Established in 1988, Goldman Sachs Asset Management has more than 2,000 professionals in over 30 offices worldwide. Awarded the Elite Equities Provider rating in 2017, 2018 and 2019, it offers investment products in fixed income, equities, commodities and real estate.
Read more about Elite Rated Goldman Sachs funds
What’s covered in this podcast:
- Early reaction to the US election and which key States are still to call [0:31]
- The role of the House and the Senate and what different political outcomes could mean [1:16]
- Implications for stock markets and how they have reacted this morning [3:10]
- Whether economic stimulus is more important for investors than who is named President [5:16]
- The concentration of the US stock market in big tech stocks [9:01]
- How voter engagement demonstrates the polarisation of US society [11:46]
- The impact of the result on emerging markets and trade wars [12:47]
- Why investors shouldn’t look at the US election in isolation – there are other more important factors at play [14:57]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.