BlackRock European Dynamic invests in companies of all shapes and sizes across Europe. The managers look for companies that are either undervalued and/or have good growth potential. Their approach is flexible, varying through market and economic cycles to position the portfolio appropriately. Giles Rothbarth became a co-manager on the fund in 2019 and will become lead manager at the end of this year, when co-manager Alister Hibbert steps back from fund management.
Read more about BlackRock European Dynamic
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How many COVID vaccines are in development [0:42]
- Which five vaccines BlackRock is focusing on and how close they are to phase 3 (when thousands of people receive the vaccine and it is tested for efficacy and safety) [1:31]
- How confident BlackRock is that one will work [4:23]
- How people could be encouraged to take a vaccine [5:21]
- Who may get a vaccine first [7:16]
- How a second lockdown might impact European companies [8:12]
- Why economies may be more resilient this time – using Ireland as an example [10:07]
- What impact a vaccine may have on stock markets [11:13]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.