JOHCM UK Dynamic manager Alex Savvides uses a distinctive ‘change’ investment strategy, looking for sustainable improvement from stocks that can create idiosyncratic sources of return. Alex is a pragmatic manager, and not afraid to look at companies that have been beaten up by the market. The portfolio will generally be concentrated at just 30-50 names, and is multi-cap, often with a bias towards medium-sized companies.
Read more about JOHCM UK Dynamic
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How the fund has performed in the second half of the year, including during the recent value rally [1:07]
- Whether this value rally can continue [2:58]
- The manager’s view on the likelihood of a Brexit deal and how COVID has impacted the Brexit-readiness of UK plc [6:03]
- What the manager is hearing on the ground from companies he invests in [10:43]
- Why there has been an uptick in merger and acquisitions in recent weeks and whether the bids are positive or negative news for investors [13:34]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.