BMO Global Smaller Companies trust offers investors the opportunity to participate in the potential growth of the world’s smallest companies. Manager Peter Ewin and his team have a repeatable process, which has proved consistent over many years. Having recently celebrated its 130th anniversary, the trust is one of the oldest in the market and has also successfully produced 50 years’ worth of dividend growth for investors.
Read more about BMO Global Smaller Companies trust
What’s covered in this podcast:
- What it’s been like investing through a pandemic [0:33]
- Why smaller companies have lagged larger companies in recent years [2:52]
- How positive vaccine news has boosted smaller companies [3:40]
- Whether smaller companies can continue to outperform in 2021 [5:00]
- Which companies have benefited from the ‘vaccine bounce’ [6:32]
- How Japanese smaller companies are benefiting from China’s recover [8:12]
- Which Japanese funds the trust invests in [9:31]
- How the trust’s income stream has held up and if it will use revenue reserves again [11:11]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.