Technology breakthroughs aren’t always anticipated, which makes the sector all the more exciting to invest in. AXA Framlington Global Technology fund is an unconstrained fund investing in technology companies from around the world. Manager Jeremy Gleeson has successfully run the portfolio since 2007 and has been specialising in technology since 1998.
Read more about AXA Framlington Global Technology
What’s covered in this podcast:
- Why the big US tech stocks struggled in early November and if it was the start of a tech bubble bursting [0:23]
- The type of big tech companies that dominate in China and Taiwan [2:43]
- If there are investment opportunities in smaller technology companies [5:34]
- Which area of technology is the most exciting at the moment [6:35]
- The outlook for the technology sector in 2021 [8:13]
- The tech gadget the fund manager would most like to get for Christmas [9:46]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.