Polar Capital Global Healthcare Trust invests predominantly in firms in four sub-sectors: pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare services. The portfolio is also split into two segments: growth and innovation with a circa 90/10 split. The growth element is made up of predominantly larger companies, whereas the innovation pot will invest into medium and smaller companies that have the potential for greater growth in the long run.
Read more about Polar Capital Global Healthcare Trust
What’s covered in this podcast:
- The manager’s thoughts on the COVID-19 vaccine rollout [0:30]
- Whether we’ll all be vaccinated by the end of 2021 [1:42]
- Why the performance of the sector has trailed off in recent months [2:27]
- If a Joe Biden presidency is positive or negative for US healthcare companies [4:20]
- How the manager invests in emerging market healthcare opportunities [5:32]
- The outlook for the healthcare sector in 2021 [6:32]
- Why the sector is ripe for more M&A activity [8:34]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.