Launched in November 2018, TM Tellworth UK Smaller Companies is a pure smaller companies fund run by two very experienced and highly regarded managers, Paul Marriage and John Warren. It focuses on small caps, avoiding micro-caps and mid cap stocks and meeting company management is integral to the investment process.
Read more about TM Tellworth UK Smaller Companies
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How UK companies reacted to the pandemic and how quickly earnings recovered [0:34]
- Inspecs – the Bath-based spectacle frame manufacturer – acquisition of a German rival [2:45]
- How Accrol – the Accrington-based toilet paper producer – used an acquisition to strengthen its position during COVID [3:50]
- How Vitec used its image capturing technology to accelerate its next generation products for use in a socially-distancing film industry [4:43]
- Why the manager still owns Gym Group and Hollywood Bowl [5:38]
- Whether investors are too optimistic vs the reality of doing business at the moment [8:36]
- If there is a bubble in the AIM market [9:48]
- If the Brexit deal will bring overseas investors back to the UK [11:46]
- If that money will make it through to smaller companies as well as larger ones [13:28]
- The impact the Brexit deal has had on the UK’s smaller companies [15:57]
- How the manager marked the third anniversary of the fund, and what it’s been like running his own business in the past three years [18:00]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.