Fidelity China Special Situations invests predominantly in companies listed both domestically in China and on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Manager Dale Nicholls is able to make use of Fidelity’s investment licences in China, which are among the largest of any international investor, offering investors direct exposure to the China growth story.
Read more about Fidelity China Special Situations
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How UK companies reacted to the pandemic and how quickly earnings recovered What a Biden presidency means for Chinese companies [0:29]
- Details of the Asian inter-regional trade deal signed in 2020 [1:44]
- How China fared in the pandemic and how much of the economy has now reopened [3:34]
- Why the trust invests in some companies listed in the US [5:11]
- How much of the portfolio is invested in technology companies [6:01]
- Which other areas of the Chinese market they manager thinks hold exiting opportunities [6:55]
- The outlook for China in 2021 [7:50]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.