Goldman Sachs India Equity Portfolio‘s objective is to capture the growth potential of the Indian economy. It is an ‘all-weather’ fund focused on investing in sound businesses of all sizes. Company meetings are a crucial part of its solid investment process, and the team’s ability to meet companies on the ground in India differentiates it from many in its peer group.
Read more about Goldman Sachs India Equity Portfolio
What’s covered in this podcast:
- The three reasons why the Indian stock market has rebounded so quickly after the COVID crash [0:41]
- The reforms taking place in India… [3:30]
- …starting with the rationalisation of some 24 different labour laws [4:05]
- …the looking at farm reforms and even avoiding jail time… [5:41]
- …and finally the “Make in India” initiative [8:10]
- The investment opportunities created by India’s growing middle class and significant millennial population [9:50]
- How having some of the cheapest call and data rates in the world will accelerate smartphone and internet penetration [12:01]
- How India is getting involved in a decarbonised world [13:36]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.