GQG Partners is one of the newest and fastest growing asset management businesses, having only launched in 2016. GQG Partners Emerging Markets Equity is a concentrated portfolio of high quality companies with durable earnings. The emphasis is on future quality, rather than companies which have simply done well historically.
What’s covered in this podcast:
• Why GQG has a diverse research team that includes former investigative journalists and scientists [0:30]
• Why looking at US firms helps build a view on emerging markets [1:59]
• If emerging markets will have their time again [3:14]
• The outlook for China’s stock market [4:35]
• The outlook for Latin America [6:24]
• Long term structural themes in the fund [7:42]
• Why banks are a value play in developed markets but growth opportunities in emerging markets [9:03]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.