Ninety One Asia Pacific Franchise is a concentrated high conviction fund investing in quality growth companies. More than 55% of its value in its top ten holdings and the total portfolio only comprises around 30 stocks. Most of these are larger companies. The manager’s emphasis is on finding exceptional businesses through detailed fundamental research. He typically ignores more cyclical and lower quality parts of the market such as energy, materials, telecoms and utilities.
Read more about Ninety One Asia Pacific Franchise
What’s covered in this podcast:
- What ongoing US/China trade tensions mean for wider Asia [0:20]
- Why investors should consider Asian equities [1:37]
- Why Asia is no longer a play on world growth – it has growth in its own right [2:24]
- Which attributes the manager looks for in a company [3:17]
- Why ASEAN countries don’t have many quality companies yet [4:56]
- Why the manager invests in some companies listed outside of Asia [6:05]
including Kone, the Finnish elevator manufacturer and ASML, the Dutch semiconductor equipment manufacturer [6:56]
- How Asian companies have moved up the value chain to be world leaders and R&D specialists [8:11]
- Why the scale of some Asian economies is so important for investors [11:26]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.