Schroder Asian Alpha Plus has a flexible approach with few formal constraints. The manager looks to exploit stock market inefficiencies, and use some macro input, to build a concentrated portfolio of predominantly larger companies from the Asian region. Long-term manager Matthew Dobbs has recently retired and handed over duties to Richard Sennitt, who has been involved in the fund for a number of years. The investment approach has not changed.
Read more about Schroder Asian Alpha Plus
What’s covered in this podcast:
- If the manager has made any changes to the portfolio since taking over the lead role [0:19]
- If there is an overlap between this fund and Elite Rated Schroder Oriental Income and Schroder Asian Income [2:23]
- The outlook for Asia and which parts of the market are expensive and which are showing good value [4:42]
- Why North Asian countries have performed better than those in the South [7:01]
- If the US bond yield and rising interest rates still have a negative impact on Asia [9:01]
- The manager’s view on ongoing trade wars [11:00]
- Which sectors the manager favours today [12:56]
- Which countries the manager favours today [14:33]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.