FSSA Greater China Growth is run by Martin Lau and co-manager Helen Chen. Based in Hong Kong, the managers look for well-managed businesses with good corporate governance across Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. The fund has been a firm favourite of ours for a number of years because Martin and the team have shown that they can consistently produce the goods in any type of market environment.
Read more about FSSA Greater China Growth
What’s covered in this podcast:
- What has happened to Chinese real estate developer Evergrande [0:15]
- How the Chinese government is determined to take high property prices in the country [1:36]
- The manager’s thoughts on increasing regulation and why the government is intervening so much lately [3:03]
- The manager’s thoughts on Tencent dropping out of the world’s 10 largest companies and how Chinese companies become so successful in the first place [6:38]
- What are Chinese A Shares and why they represent such an exciting investment opportunity [8:52]
- Why the manager also invests in Taiwanese and Hong Kong companies [11:39]
- The manager’s thoughts on valuations in the Chinese stock market today [14:44]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.