FSSA Global Emerging Markets Focus fund invests in 40-45 large and medium-sized companies in emerging markets. Manager Rasmus Nemmoe has an absolute return mindset, and each holding is a quality company that can show sustained and predictable growth over the long term. The fund has a strong environmental, social and governance ethos without labelling itself as such and, while a relatively new launch, has already shown a lot of potential.
What’s covered in this podcast:
- Why investors should consider emerging markets today [0:18]
- How the fund has been able to outperform since launch [3:24]
- How the manager chooses just 40-45 companies from a universe of 36,000 [5:57]
- Why the fund has a bias towards financial companies at the moment [7:46]
- Why the manager likes Indian companies and firms in Mexico [10:46]
- If Chinese regulation is a risk or an opportunity [12:17]
- Which is the best performing stock in the portfolio this year [14:16]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.