Rathbone UK Opportunities is a flexible fund targeting quality growth businesses. The manager looks to take advantage of cheap UK valuations, but avoids the ex-growth, large-cap dinosaurs. She combines structural winners with a strong core of high-quality compounders and the final portfolio consists of around 50 to 60 holdings, with a bias to medium-sized companies.
What’s covered in this podcast:
- Why the dominance of growth companies may be coming to an end
- Why a more balanced approach is called for in today’s environment
- The names the manager is sticking with
- The companies she has sold
- The new names she is adding to the portfolio
- Why banks may not do as well as people think in a rising interest rate environment
- How she manages liquidity
- Why consumers will move from spending money on ‘stuff’ to spending money on services
- If we can expect more IPOs this year
- Why M&A activity may remain strong in 2022
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.