We’ve gathered five female guests from the industry to get their views on company diversity. We’re joined by Alexandra Jackson, manager of Rathbone UK Opportunities; Deirdre Cooper, co-manager of Ninety One Global Environment; Kirsty Gibson, co-manager of Baillie Gifford American; Sophia Li, co-manager of FSSA Japan Focus and Tessa Wong, product specialist on Allianz China A-Shares.
What’s covered in this podcast:
- The priorities for corporate governance in China
- How Shiseido, the cosmetics company, is promoting diversity in Japan
- How company boards are changing in the West
- Why company culture needs to change
- The dangers of a ‘one and done’ mentality
- The progress made by FTSE 350 companies and the next steps that should be taken
- Diversity and inclusion in North American companies
- How diversity can create value for investors
- What makes a good CEO
- How female labour participation is greater in China than in Japan
- Examples of female-led companies that these fund managers are invested in
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.