FTF Martin Currie European Unconstrained fund is a high conviction portfolio of medium and large European equities, with no constraints on regional or country allocations. Manager Zehrid Osmani takes a long-term approach, and he believes that markets undervalue the compounding characteristics of quality growth companies. He aims to identify these companies and hold them for the long term to enable them to generate excess returns with lower risk.
What’s covered in this episode:
- Where the manager thinks Europe is in terms of the economic cycle
- The type of companies to focus on at this stage of the cycle
- Why the manager thinks high inflation is frictional
- How to invest in the mega trend of resource scarcity
- Why geopolitical tensions will accelerate the move towards greener energy
- Why corporates will be spending more on IT security in the next few years.
- The impact of demographic changes on investment opportunities
- Why investors should consider investing Europe
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.