IFSL Marlborough Global Innovation was formerly known as Marlborough Global Technology but was reconfigured and taken over by Guy Feld in October 2020. It is now a concentrated portfolio of fast growing, innovative companies. It has a heavy weight to technology firms, but it will invest in innovative, disruptive firms from any sector. The fund can invest globally, but most of the investments are in the US or the UK. At least 50% of the fund must be invested in smaller companies.
What’s covered in this episode:
- Why the fund had a change of remit
- How the adoption of new technology is accelerating around the world
- The innovation taking place in different sectors
- How the manager defines an innovative company
- How even traditional businesses can become innovators
Samsung, and how it is leading innovation in mobile devices
- How much of the fund is invested in UK companies
- The innovations taking place in water conservation and why they are needed
- Why water is a valuable commodity
- Why radio frequency technology is another investment opportunity
- How high inflation could impact the stocks held in the fund
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.