The TB Wise Multi-Asset Growth fund has an unconstrained approach which allows the team to invest in around 30-60 underlying funds and investment trusts, with a preference for out-of-favour areas. This approach has allowed them to tap into the likes of infrastructure and private equity to produce strong, long-term returns for investors. Although the team adopt a very slight value bias, the fund is not exclusively value in nature.
What’s covered in this episode:
- The importance of flexibility to the fund
- The use of investment trusts and the adoption of alternatives
- Tilting the fund towards value strategies to take advantage of the ongoing cyclical recovery
- Why mining and resources were attractive as an asset class prior to the threat of inflation
- Tapping into infrastructure and floating rate notes to offer inflation-linked returns
- How value strategies offer a significant margin of safety as an investment
- The benefits of accessing private equity through an investment trust
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.