Matthews Asia ex Japan Dividend fund blends stocks exhibiting dividend growth with more stable, established yielders. Managed by Yu Zhang, the fund invests in companies across numerous countries, sectors and sizes. The resultant yield is an outcome of the process, rather than a target for the 50-80 stock portfolio.
What’s covered in this episode:
- The re-opening in Asia and how companies are getting used to living with COVID
- Why the structural growth story in Asia remains strong
- Targeting fast growing companies who also pay a dividend
- Finding secular growth stories in China and targeting the likes of industrial automation, biotechnology and the semiconductor manufacturing sectors
- Why long-term value embedded in businesses is starting to emerge in China
- Why he is bullish on the investment outlook in Vietnam and the sectors he is targeting
- The benefits of income investing in Asia versus the Western world
- Investing in a company making synthetic diamonds – and where the demand is coming from for this product
- The role of sustainability in the investment portfolio
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.