Janus Henderson UK Absolute Return is a stock-picking fund that aims to deliver a positive absolute return over rolling 12-month periods. The managers look to identify stocks that will either exceed or fall short of analysts’ expectations and construct a portfolio of both long (profit when the share price goes up) and short (profit the when share price goes down) positions.
Read more about Janus Henderson UK Absolute Return
What’s covered in this podcast:
• How changes made to the portfolio in February and March resulted in the fund falling just 4% while the UK stock market fell 34% [0:48]
• How the managers repositioned the fund in March to benefit from the market recovery [4:11]
• Which companies would not be impacted by the coronavirus [4:38]
• Which companies would be impacted by the coronavirus [5:10]
• Which companies would be the eventual winners post-lockdown [5:54]
• Why the managers like housebuilders [7:41]
• Where they are finding opportunities overseas [9:15]
• How European ‘Green Deal’ is an opportunity [9:53]
• Potential opportunities after the US presidential election [10:18]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.