A hidden gem among other better known emerging markets funds, Magna Emerging Markets Dividend offers exposure to emerging market companies that pay higher-than-average dividends in the short term and that are also able to grow those dividends over the long term. This results in a slightly lower risk profile than its peers and an attractive yield.
Read more about Magna Emerging Markets Dividend
What’s covered in this podcast:
• Why investors have been shunning emerging markets [0:31]
• Performance of emerging markets vs most developed markets [2:09]
• Why domestic investors are turning to equities [3:38]
• How emerging market dividend payments are holding up [5:10]
• Why two-thirds of the fund is invested in Asian companies [8:27]
• Where the manager is finding opportunities in Latin America [10:46]
• Why dividends are improving in Russia [12:32]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.