131. Living through the great tug of war between value and growth
John Bennett, manager of Janus Henderson European Focus, takes us on an eloquent journey around the...
LF Blue Whale Growth has come storming onto the global equity funds scene since its launch in September 2017. It is a truly active fund, with a very concentrated portfolio of just 25 to 35 stocks. The manager only invests in the very highest quality businesses and, although the fund may not have been around for long, its strong performance has certainly drawn attention: as it marks its third anniversary this week it is the 12th best performing fund in a sector of 290 peers*.
Read more about LF Blue Whale Growth
• The highs and lows of the first three years of this fund [0:31]
• Investing in disruptive companies [2:09]
• Why the fund has a bias towards technology companies [4:13]
• Why the manager doesn’t invest in Zoom, Uber, Netflix or Apple [7:12]
• Why the fund doesn’t invest in many Asian companies [9:03]
• The manager’s views on why fund holdings are still at the early stages of their investment story [12:33]
*Source: FE Analytics, total returns in sterling, 11 September 2017 to 9 September 2020
Richard Sennitt, the new lead manager for Schroder Asian Alpha Plus fund, talks to us about taking...
In a slightly different format to usual, Juliet Schooling Latter and Darius McDermott discuss the...