With more than 3,000 funds available in the UK, choosing a fund can be a difficult and daunting task. That’s where FundCalibre comes in. We do the hard work for you, seeking out excellence and whittling funds down to a more manageable number.
On this website you can:
- Research our Elite Rated and Radar funds
- Read our investment ideas and insights
- Learn more about investing
- Listen to our podcasts
- Watch our filmed interviews
More about FundCalibre
FundCalibre is an independent online research centre and fund ratings agency, which is freely available to all investors. The FundCalibre investment research team analyses funds that are widely available to UK retail investors and identifies those they believe have the most skilful managers. These funds are awarded our proprietary Elite Rating. We also have a ‘watch list’ of funds on our radar, which includes newly launched funds, funds with newly appointed managers, and funds that could soon be reviewed for a Rating. This watch list is called the Elite Radar.
So you can browse FundCalibre with the comfort of knowing that we have interviewed every manager, and every fund has undergone a rigorous process to earn its Elite Rating or Radar status.
Don’t just take our word for it
Since launch in 2014, FundCalibre has won a number of awards in the UK and internationally. These awards have been for both the quality and reliability of our investment research, as well as our content.
For beginners, experienced investors & professionals
We like to think we have something for everyone. If there’s something missing that you’d like to see, please let us know.
- Getting started. If you’re looking to invest for the first time, we have a range of basic guides to help you learn. We also produce a weekly newsletter with ideas and featured funds (subscribe in the footer below!) that will give you regular tips. And all our fund research notes are written with you in mind! We try to get rid of jargon and explain things properly, so you can make smart decisions about where you want to invest and what kind of portfolio you want to create.
- Finding hidden gems. Once you know a little more about the process and you own a couple of funds, FundCalibre will become an invaluable investing resource. We rate all manner of funds and we specialise in uncovering hidden gems. These might be smaller funds that don’t get the attention we think they deserve, funds that have only recently become available to retail investors, or funds in sectors that might be a bit off the radar. We also interview the fund managers and publish regular blogs, so you can get original insight into the industry.
- Industry professionals. Advisers and industry professionals can register for free to see additional research and AlphaQuest data on our Elite Rated funds.
How does FundCalibre earn its revenue?
We are never ‘paid to rate’. Our revenue model consists of a licensing fee that fund groups can pay us to market and promote their Elite Funds; however, we will always award an Elite Rating or radar where we believe one is deserved, regardless of whether or not a group chooses to licence.
Why are some of our fund research notes shorter than others?
Where some of our Elite Funds have chosen not to pay a licence fee, we will show only a short introductory paragraph instead of a full research note. You can still see that we like the fund and get a basic idea of it does, but we provide more detailed information about our licensed funds.