Ninety One Global Income Opportunities fund invests conservatively around the world in a diverse range of equities and bonds. It can also invest a little in other assets and, overall, aims to achieve returns that are equal to, or more than, the rate of inflation +4% per annum (before fees are taken) over rolling 5-year periods. It also targets an income of 4% for investors.
Read more about Ninety One Global Income Opportunities
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How the fund has done since the new managers took over 18 months ago [0:16]
- Changes the managers have made to the portfolio since they took it on [1:09]
- What the name of the fund is being changed to in October [2:09]
- The strengths of the portfolio [2:27]
- What is negative duration and what it does to a portfolio [3:25]
- How risks are starting to rise for equities [5:22]
- Why the manager likes emerging market bonds [6:30]
- What equity holdings the managers have [9:24]
- Which sectors the manager likes [10:06]
- The outlook for equities and bonds over the next 12-24 months [10:46]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.