Brown Advisory US Flexible Equity was launched in the UK in 2014, but a parallel version has been managed by the same team for more than 20 years in the United States. The fund has been run by Maneesh Bajaj since 2017. Its strategy is unconstrained, meaning Maneesh is free to select companies from across the market cap spectrum. This has enabled the fund to become of the few to consistently outperform the S&P 500 over long periods of time.
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How the US economy is faring from an ‘on the ground’ perspective and if inflation is a concern [0:20]
- If US company earnings are holding up [4:03]
- Why the fund has held Visa and MasterCard for a decade and the similarities and differences between the two companies [5:30]
- Why the manager likes Pinterest as an investment [8:10]
- How ESG is integrated in the investment process [11:40]
- How the manager and team have engaged with Bed, Bath & Beyond and Nomad – a supplier of frozen fish and vegetables – on ESG matters [13:32]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.