Liontrust Sustainable Future Global Growth fund invests in the shares of a broad range of companies from around the world, based on the fund manager’s view of their long-term return prospects. The fund uses a thematic approach to identify the key structural growth trends that will shape the global economy of the future across a portfolio of 40-60 stocks.
The Liontrust Sustainable Future Managed fund uses the same approach but invests in a combination of global equities, bonds and cash.
What’s covered in this episode:
- The three headwind that sustainable funds have faced in 2022
- What the future looks like for sustainable investing
- Whether short-term global concerns will delay some structural trends or accelerate them
- The best way to diversify away from fossil fuels
- Why the oil crisis incentivises substitutes
- Investment examples in the funds’ three mega trends of ‘cleaner, healthier and safer’
- How to make factory floors more efficient
- How blood oxygen levels could be monitored at home
- How to make sure the air we breathe and the food we eat isn’t contaminated
- Whether the team will invest in other trends in the future
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.