As a pioneer of responsible investing, EdenTree offers even the most discerning client a justifiable investment opportunity. Responsible investing is a key factor in decision making, for the EdenTree Amity UK fund, with any potential investment having to pass through a rigorous multi-factor screening process. Although it can invest in companies of any size, the portfolio is very different to many of its peers, as it invests in a large proportion of smaller and medium-sized companies.
Read more about EdenTree Amity UK
What’s covered in this podcast:
- Healthcare investments in the fund [0:54]
- The problems involved in finding a COVID-19 vaccine quickly [2:36]
- How the growth of big data and artificial intelligence is helping areas like healthcare but also creating ethical challenges [4:16]
- Details of a small holding in a cyber security company [6:31]
- How the manager goes about finding companies to invest in [7:48]
- Why the fund doesn’t invest in fast fashion [8:47]
- How the portfolio is currently made up [11:12]
- The long term picture for UK equities [13:25]
- Why the manager is not positive about real estate [15:02]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.