Rathbone Global Sustainability is a high conviction global equity fund that can invest in companies of any size, but which will have a bias towards mid-caps. Manager David Harrison focuses on selecting stocks with strong cash generation and will actively avoid businesses involved in unethical or unsustainable practices. Each holding will also have to have at least one positive environmental, social or governance attribute.
Read more about Rathbone Global Sustainability fund
What’s covered in this podcast:
- The aim of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) [0:33]
- What the SDGs have achieved in the past five years [1:45]
- How the investment community uses the SDGs [2:31]
- What could be improved to make the SDGs more effective [3:30]
- How the SDGs are used in this fund [4:32]
- How companies are behaving today [6:18]
- Why the fund has performed so well since the market lows in March [8:31]
- Why the trend of greener infrastructure is so exciting [9:55]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.