First Sentier Global Listed Infrastructure seeks to deliver income and some capital growth by investing in listed infrastructure companies. First Sentier Investors was one of the pioneers in providing access to this asset class, which quickly captured the attention of income-focused investors. This fund is also an alternative method of playing the global equity market, with a thematic bias and a reasonable yield.
What’s covered in this episode:
- Why investors should consider responsible infrastructure investments
- Why the team uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as a metric for the fund
- How infrastructure is crucial in the transition to net zero
- Engagement vs divestment
- How disruption in the energy sector is impacting companies today
- How we can become independent of Russian gas in the short and long-term
- Why the US is playing catch up with renewable energy
- How listed infrastructure behaves in a high inflationary environment
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Market and exchange-rate movements may cause the value of investments to go down as well as up. Yields will fluctuate and so income from investments is variable and not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Tax treatment depends of your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure about the suitability of any investment you should seek professional advice. Whilst FundCalibre provides product information, guidance and fund research we cannot know which of these products or funds, if any, are suitable for your particular circumstances and must leave that judgement to you. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks. Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.