Launched in 1891, City of London is one of the longest-running investment trusts in the UK. It aims to provide growth in income and capital by investing predominantly in larger UK companies with international exposure. It has increased its dividend payment every year for the past 54 years and has been managed by Job Curtis for almost 30 years.
Read more about City of London investment trust
What’s covered in this podcast:
- How the dividends of companies in the portfolio have held up and how much of the revenue reserve is left should the challenges continue [0:56]
- The outlook for UK dividends [3:07]
- How to make money out of a declining industry like tobacco… [5:03]
- … and why oil and gas companies are still of interest [5:36]
- The manager’s thoughts on Brexit [7:07]
- Why the UK stock market could enjoy a bounce [9:19]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.