First Sentier Global Listed Infrastructure fund invests in ‘hard’ infrastructure such as bridges and ports around the world, via listed companies that own the assets. First Sentier Investors has been one of the pioneers in providing access to this asset class, which quickly captured the attention of income-focused investors in a low yield environment.
Read more about First Sentier Global Listed Infrastructure
What’s covered in this podcast:
- The extent to which airports have been impacted by the pandemic [1:00]
- Why international travellers are so important for company earnings [2:04]
- How other transport has been affected by COVID and why toll roads are exciting [3:00]
- The areas of infrastructure that have benefitted from the pandemic [4:09]
- Why utilities companies have lagged behind the stock market bounce [5:15]
- Why renewables are a bright spot and how the world ‘building back netter’ could boost this area [5:43]
- The outlook for oil and gas [8:49]
- How the income produced by the portfolio has held up well [11:15]
This article is provided for information only. The views of the author and any people quoted are their own and do not constitute financial advice. The content is not intended to be a personal recommendation to buy or sell any fund or trust, or to adopt a particular investment strategy. However, the knowledge that professional analysts have analysed a fund or trust in depth before assigning them a rating can be a valuable additional filter for anyone looking to make their own decisions. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future returns. Remember, all investments can fall in value as well as rise, so you could make a loss. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you’re comfortable and fully understand the risks.Further information can be found on Elite Rated funds by simply clicking on the name highlighted in the article.